Friday, March 7, 2014

Lucky Penny Necklace


Find a penny, pick it up
and all day long, you'll have good luck.

And what could be better than finding a lucky penny?




How about wearing one?

I've been doing so much sewing the last couple of weeks that I decided to take a break one afternoon and make something fun for St. Patrick's Day.




I used Scrabble Tile font for the letters and then mod-podged it to the domino and added Dimensional Magic.




I dug in my purse and found a shiny penny that I glued to a bail with E-6000 glue.

And yes, I'm a messy gluer (just made that word up).




I don't think I own anything green to wear but at least I'll have my necklace to wear on St. Patrick's Day.

Back to the sewing machine I go...

Happy Friday!

Pin It


8 comments:

Cranberry Morning said...

You are SO smart, Terri. I love that idea. I just need to remember to execute some of these clever projects! Love the green.

Beth Bailey said...

Adorable and creative idea, love it!
Beth at AlyssabethsVintage
http://alyssabethsvintage.wordpress.com/

Stephanie Paxman said...

Very cute--love this!

Diana - FreeStyleMama said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Diana - FreeStyleMama said...

I'm on auto-pilot and left the wrong comment! LOL! What I meant to say is that this is adorable and I have pinned it!!

Kimberly from 'bugaboo' said...

how cute!! Love this idea. Officially pinned. :)


bugaboo, mini, mr & me

Jennifer Johnson said...

Such a cute project

buttons and paint... said...

What a great idea! We love this and have included in our St Patrick's Day round up (with a link back to you) x
http://buttonsandpaint.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/patricks-day.html