Monday, March 10, 2014

The Convertible Bag


Samantha from At Home with Mrs H and awesome purse designer, has done it again!




This is her newest purse that she designed and I was lucky enough to test her pattern for her. I absolutely love the size and shape of it. Not too big, not too small. Just right for everyday use.

She created it for The Bag of the Month Club. She gives you all the details in her post.
(Just follow that link.)


I may or may not share with you the truth about the fabric I chose for this bag at the end of this post, but first let me show you a little about it.




When you lift the flap, there is a pocket on the front that is perfect for my cell phone.

I got my Handmade wooden label from Wholeport.




Inside the purse is a large slip pocket. I didn't sew down the middle to divide it because I wanted to carry my I-Pad Mini in there.




Here's the fun part. Besides the zipped pocket on the back, there are also two rings on the bottom and a "tube" at the top (It's kind of hard to see. Look right above the zipper.) where you can remove the strap and hook to create a backpack.




It's perfect, Samantha! Great job!


Okay, the fabric. I 'fessed up to Samantha so I might as well come clean to all of you, too. When I saw her pattern and went to pick out fabric, I knew I wanted something with navy and browns so I could carry this everyday and it would match well with jeans and sweaters.

Imagine my excitement when I found the perfect fabric in the colors I wanted and it even had "hearts" and "polka dots"! Then I want to the cutting counter and got the news. The lady ask me if I was a dog lover and I told her yes, even though I thought that was kind of a strange question. Oh well.

Then it hit me like a ton of bricks. Those were not hearts and polka dots, they're paw prints!!
Too late, I'm already in love with the colors of the fabric.

It's a good thing that I really am a dog lover!

Pin It




9 comments:

Cranberry Morning said...

Haha. You know there are dog lovers who would love to see this in your Etsy shop, Terri! That is a great pattern by Samantha (creative lady that she is) and I love your choice of fabrics, including the leather-looking one. Beautiful!! And you could keep dog cookies in it. (just kidding.♥)

Al@PolkaDotsandPaisley said...

From one dog lover to another, I love the fabric!

Christine Welsh said...

LOLLL Hearts and polkadots works for me! Great job! Please DO share this in the Bag Brag Tuesday Linking party! :) http://blog.chriswdesigns.com/linking-parties/

Julia Nyanyo said...

You made me splutter laugh into my Monday morning cup of tea! I can see the hearts & dots, I can see the paw prints, I guess it depends on your perspective. Thank you for the confession, what a fun start to the week! (the bag is beautiful too btw!)

Jules said...

Great pattern and lovely bag! Looks like a great everyday bag to put to hard work. Great job!

Artsy VaVa said...

Love the bag!

Karan Mccaughey said...

I found you on the Bacon time linky party, and I am so glad I stopped by! I love the bag, and It would be quite useful on a cruise! I blog about my travels, and would love if you stopped by!
http://karanandmichael.blogspot.com/2013/07/why-we-love-cruising.html

Amy @ Marvelous Mommy said...

I love this bag! I'm going to share with my mother in law! Thanks for linking up with us at the Create Link Inspire party! You were featured today on my blog!

Sweet Silly Sara said...

Love the bag, love the pattern, love it! It turned out great and would make a perfect gift for the dog lovers in my family!

We'd love it if you'd hop on over and link your post up with us over at this weeks Tell it To Me Tuesday!

http://www.sweetsillysara.com/2014/03/tell-me-about-it-tuesday_24.html