Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Fireplace Mantle Buttons


This is not an April Fool's joke. I really did make Fireplace Mantle Buttons.




I made-up the name. I couldn't think of anything else to call them.

As I was starting to decorate the fireplace for Spring, I thought that mantle needed a little something on the front.




They're done just like your basic yo-yo.




Because I wanted them bigger and sturdier, I used a cardboard coaster in the inside.

Cut your fabric around the coaster a couple of inches larger. Sew a basting stitch all the way around and then pull tight. After it's all pulled, sew a few stitches to hold it.




I had some large neon buttons and glued them on to cover the hole in the middle.

That's all there is to it.




I used sticky velcro to hang them but you could use coordinating ribbon to hang them, also.




I love the subtle pop it gives the room and Fireplace Mantle Buttons may become a staple for every occasion here! 

Don't laugh. The Pet Rock was a huge success. Remember?!

Pin It

No comments: