I've made book covers before, but I found a different way to make them that is so much easier and less bulky. It was the way Marelize did hers at Stitch by Stitch and so I gave it a try.
It went together easier and seemed less bulky than the way I used to do it.
Jordyn and Triniti are both into drawing, so I bought them these sketch books at Hobby Lobby. They're kind of pricey, but if you catch them on sale or use your coupon, it's not so bad.
The inside flap lays so nice and you don't have all the bulk around the top and bottom edges.
Even making two of them, I still did them both in one afternoon.
Welcome to my new way of making book covers!