Friday, June 20, 2014

Cedar Shim Flag


I always like to hang something rustic on our gates of the privacy fence during holidays.




This year, if you drop by on the 4th, you'll see a couple of cedar shim flags.




I'm a sucker for anything that's by the check out when I'm waiting in line. The last time I was at Home Depot, they had this package of cedar shims and it was only $3.00. Sold!




I actually had the paper left from a pvc pipe flag that I made a couple of years ago.
You can see it Here.

I mod-podged it to each shim.




I hot glued craft sticks to hold it all together.




It's hard to really see in photo's, but I rubbed a little stain on top for even more of a rustic look and glued jute on the back to hang.




I love the look of the shims getting smaller on one end, kind of like the flag is waving.




Have a great weekend!

Pin It

4 comments:

Dawn Buie said...

I absolutely love your flag! I'm a sucker for anything Americana and anything with a a flag on it! Very cool idea!

Aubrey Hunt said...

This turned out SO pretty! I can't believe that's Mod Podged. It turned out great. How does it hold up in the rain? (Found you from the Project Inspire{d} link up.)

Michele Reynolds said...

Cute and patriotic! You could use paint stir sticks too:) Pinned

Patti Tucker said...

Americana at a low low price! lovce it...pinned!