Friday, June 13, 2014

Clay Pot Birdbath


I made my mom and dad one of these many, many years ago and had kind of forgotten about it.




Until this year when I had a couple of big clay pots that I wasn't using, so I decided it was time for me to make me a birdbath.




I used a sponge to apply green paint first and then added in the yellow and ivory.




It took me forever to find a huge saucer for the top, but finally Home Depot got more in and I found it there. I'm thinking it was 16".

I used a super strong silicone rubber glue (that Greg had) to glue the two pots together and then the saucer to the top. That sucker is not coming apart!

For just a small added touch, I wrapped jute around the top and bottom rim.




My husband is so proud of himself when he comes up with something "creative", so I've got to tell you that it was his idea to put the smaller saucer of bird food inside the big saucer with the water. You know, a bird buffet line!

The whole thing has actually found a home in the backyard, but we've had rain for a solid week and it's a mess back there. Believe me, you don't want to see it! You're welcome.

Happy Friday!

Pin It


6 comments:

angela jose said...

oh my god this is awesome! you could check out my blog if you want...it's nothing special but if you do it would make my day :D

Sarah Vanderkooy said...

This is such a cute idea. I have the supplies to make one of these sitting in my garage, I actually just bought the saucer! Seeing it here really makes me want to finish my project. Love your husband's idea for the food dish, might have to try that too. Thanks for sharing

Cheri, the Quilting Nanny said...

Great idea. I think I am going to try this! Saw you on Bee Social linky!

Shari Eckstrom said...

So simple and creative! Stopping over from Skip The Housework to say hello.
Blessings,
Shari

Bobbi @ 3GLOL said...

I've seen quite a few made like this, but I really like how you did yours and that you added one of the saucers for food. So, it's a feeder and bather...sweet!

Thanks for sharing.

Pinning it!

kristi dominguez said...

This is such a great idea, Terri! I love the added touch of the twine!