Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Wine Cork Coasters


Although he wasn't going to admit it, Greg needed coasters in his man cave.

I did what every other crafty wife would do.
I made him some.



Out of wine corks.

As I'm writing this post, I just realized that I've never shown you the whole reveal of his man cave. As soon as it quits raining and that room isn't so dark, I'll get some photo's taken.




These were simple to make and took all of about 5 minutes.

I used hot glue and glued two corks together first and then glued the whole thing together.




You wouldn't need to, but I cut a square out of restaurant coasters and glued it on the back.




Wine corks come in all different sizes so I found it easier to use 8 of all the same ones.
It made a nicer square.








Perfect for holding his redneck glasses!

Those glasses are made with canning jars and a glass candlestick from the dollar store.
I used E-6000 to glue them together.

Have a great Tuesday!

Pin It


4 comments:

Cranberry Morning said...

Those are so cute, Terri! So I'm curious - how long does it take you to accumulate enough corks for a coaster? LOL ;-)

Poppy @ With a Dash of Color said...

Oh my, these are absolutely adorable! and I love the glasses too! A lovely way to use those wine corks:)~hugs, Poppy

Lauren said...

That is such a great DIY project!

Lauren,
http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com/

Kdbug said...

I love these. I guess I'm going to have to start saving my wine corks so I can make my own coasters. I would love it if you linked this up to my Motivate Me Monday linky party at ITS A ginger SNAP