Friday, July 25, 2014

Chalkboard T-Shirts


I love summer when the grandkids are out of school and we can spend a lot of time together. When we get cool days, we take advantage of them and do something outside (like the zoo), but on these extremely hot days, we need to find something to do inside.




Painting t-shirts with chalkboard paint was perfect!




I found this fabric chalkboard paint at JoAnn's. They sold the ready made t-shirts, too, but making them ourselves was much more fun.




Jace wanted a tie, so we used tape to mark it off. We used painter's tape and it stuck really well.




They got right to painting. We found the sponge brushes worked the best.




We did a couple of coats of the paint and then let it dry for about 24 hours.




Jordyn wanted a border, so after her oval she painted dried, I cut out a scalloped frame with heat transfer vinyl on the Silhouette and ironed it on.




Let the fun begin. Decorating!
(Jordyn's changed a couple of times.)



(And it changed, again!)
Can you tell they're extremely proud to be a part of Brandon and Christina's wedding in October?
I love this picture!




Happy Friday!

Pin It


7 comments:

Laura (Left on Peninsula Rd) said...

These look like tons of fun! I hope my daughter will want to paint one with me!

Cindy The Victorian Journey said...

Great crafting idea... love it

Miss Kitty said...

So Cute!!! the kids AND the shirts! I did not know that there is a fabric chalkboard paint...thanks for letting us know about that. I saw your post over at Under the table and Dreaming blog party.

Jenny Marie said...

So cute it would make a great summer camp craft! I would love for you to share your project on my Meet Up Monday Blog Party!
http://jennymaire.blogspot.com/

kristi dominguez said...

This is one of the neatest ideas I have come across, Terri! I love it! Thanks so much for sharing!

Donna Wilkes said...

Cute, cute, cute!!! I am sharing this and pinning.

Mary Beth said...

These are so creative and unique! Thanks for sharing at last week's Project Inspire{d} ~ this will be one of my features tonight. I hope you'll join the party again!