Monday, July 14, 2014

Interchangeable Crochet Bow Necklace


I really don't crochet much in the summer, but when I do, I try to use up all the leftover yarn I have laying around. Then I can start accumulating it again in the fall and winter.




These crochet bows are the perfect use for a small amount of yarn and they are so fast to make, which really makes me happy!




For the large bow, I chained 32 and then half double crocheted 6 rows.

The medium size was 24 chain and 5 rows

and the

small size was 16 chain with 4 rows.

After you finish your rows, fasten off and leave a long tail.
(My long tail was a little overkill. You don't need it to be that long.)




Using the long tail, stitch the 2 short ends together and wrap around the middle section.
Tie it off and you're finished with your bow.




Add jump rings to a couple of your stitches.




I used lobster clasps on a long chain so it could clip on to whatever bow I wanted to use.








Five different necklaces in less that an hour. Not bad, huh?

Have an awesome Monday!

Pin It


5 comments:

Cranberry Morning said...

Terri, how do you think of these things! So cute! And best of all, even I can do this because it won't take a forever of sitting. Thanks for including the instructions. :-)

Agy Lee said...

Very cute. You try using the crimps instead of the lobster clasps too!

Rachelle Smith said...

These are so cute! I love to crochet and I love bow's. I'm going to have to try these out.

Visiting from the Inspire Me Wednesday link party.

Rachelle S.

Crochet Hooks said...

These are totally adorable! I love how fun and funky these bow necklaces are! Thanks for sharing the tute!!

Kara said...

These are darling! I bet they would make cute hair bows as well. :)