Monday, August 25, 2014

Crochet Coasters


I don't know about you, but coasters seem to disappear around here as much as socks do.

I've got a quick and easy "go-to" pattern to crochet up a couple when you need them.




I got the pattern from Rachel at Adventures of a DIY Mom and it was really a hotpad pattern. Thank you, Rachel, for sharing it!

I've made a couple of hotpad's and loved the way it all came together so quickly, so I thought, why not a coaster, too?

I did it the exact same way, but instead of starting with a chain of 42, I only did 24.




I guessed on the 24, but the size turned out perfect!

I used cotton yarn and it seemed to work the best. Less fluffy.





Have a happy Monday!

Pin It

9 comments:

Julie Corbisiero said...

Hi Terri, thanks so much for posting these beautiful coasters that you made. I'd love to have a go at it! Enjoy your day.
Julie

Pam Jackson said...

Great idea. I usually crochet potholders. I will use scraps I have left over and using two colors I will crochet them up together.....loop the end for hanging.

Michelle Peterson said...

Do you happen to remember the name of the color of the yarn? It's beautiful.

Cranberry Morning said...

Those are so cute, Terri! I'm hoping to get to crocheting and knitting during the long winter. There will be absolutely no excuse then. LOL

Rachel - Adventures of a DIY Mom said...

You coasters turned out so cute! I love the colors!

Emily McCauley said...

These are super cute! I like that they aren't round and it's a good use of all those scraps we have laying around.

Carol said...

These are so cute, Terri! I, too, have made the hot pads but never thought about making coasters --love this idea. I'm definitely going to make some of these!

Emily Thompson said...

so cute! I love this idea!! You are being features today at the Create Link Inspire weekend features over at Nap-Time Creations. I've pinned and shared this! Thanks for linking!

Kimberlee Gibson said...

These are really cute - look easy and quick to crochet, too. I have used that same yarn to knit a dishcloth and love the colors.