Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Bandana Tablecloth


There were plenty of other things I should have been doing last week, but as I walked through the living/dining room, I decided it was too dark and needed to be lightened up a little before the Christmas decorations took over.
(Was that not the longest sentence ever?)



I walked upstairs, pushed everything that I should be working on out of my way, and came back down with a new tablecloth. All it took was 6 bandanas.



Okay, who thinks I should have been an architect?

I used a full bandana down the middle and halves on both sides. 
They were 22".



I sewed the three (1 whole and a half on each side) pieces together first and then sewed the three rows together.



Make sure you iron your seams flat.

I normally would have sewed a back on but because I'm only using it until Thanksgiving, I didn't, but may go back after Christmas and add it.



The sun was shining bright that day, but that room sometimes seems so dark and this little tablecloth really adds a pop of color.
(Hi Gage!)









Just in case you're wondering:

The lamp on the table is Here.
The W Burlap Monogram is Here.
The Button Cornucopia is Here.
The Mary Poppins Canvas (on the piano) is Here.

and

The Barn Tin Walls are Here.

Well, look at that, I really do keep around some of the things I make!

Pin It



5 comments:

Cranberry Morning said...

That is a great idea, Terri, and I think even I can manage that. But you're the one who thinks of these things; I only copy what you do. LOL BTW, I'm making pjs for the little grandson and haven't put ribbing on anything for quite a while. Do I leave the raw edges of the ribbing inside the sleeve cuffs? or do I fold it over and sew, so there's no raw edge? I can't remember.

Poppy @ With a Dash of Color said...

I love the mix of pattern and color, grey with yellow... looks so pretty and will brighten up any room beautifully! Hugs, Poppy

Patricia Milton said...

This tablecloth came out so cute. I love the idea!

Angie Church said...

love the beautiful colors in the bandanas your tablecloth reminds me of those in the past eras very pretty
come see us at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

Emily Thompson said...

This is such a cute idea! I love the colors too! you have been featured this weekend. Come check it out! http://nap-timecreations.com/2014/11/projects-you-can-sew-this-weekend.html