Friday, November 21, 2014

Bottle Cap Reindeer Necklace


I was searching on Etsy the other day for sports logo images for bottle caps (another project in the works) and in all the mix was a snowman image. 

How does that happen? Sports. Snowman?

Anyway, it gave me an idea and I went to the craft room to look for a snowman sticker in my stash.



I didn't find a snowman, but found a reindeer instead.




I took the cute little guy and cut him up.




Before I did anything else, I took the 3 bottle caps and punched holes in them, making sure that the holes were in the sides and not in the bottom of the caps. I put the sticker pieces in with Mod-Podge and then added Dimensional Magic, which is why you can't have your holes too close to the bottom or it would run out.




I connected the caps with jump rings and glued on a bail and the reindeer is back together.




I still don't know what sports and a snowman have in common, but now we've got a reindeer.

Pin It



8 comments:

Cranberry Morning said...

Ha! That is such a cute idea. I never think of stuff like that but at least I can copy it. The grandkids would love those!

Michele Reynolds said...

Adorable reindeer! Pinned

Jenifer Harrod said...

This is so cute and simple maybe I will have to give it a try!

Julia Nyanyo said...

He's so cute, what a fun idea.

Trish Shamp said...

this is a really really cute idea!

Michelle L. said...

Hi, Terri! Oh, heavens, that is the cutest thing! Stickers on bottle caps, times three?!!! So cool!

Cindy Eikenberg, Little Miss Celebration said...

Hi Terri - this is simply adorable! Visiting from i heart naptime and pinning. Have a happy weekend!

Mila Myk said...

So clever and cute!
I would love if you share it with my Big Christmas Link Party ! :)
http://milaslittlethings.com/2014/11/big-christmas-link-party.html

xx
Mila
milaslittlethings.com
milawayable@gmail.com