Tuesday, February 17, 2015

A Box of Chocolates to a Shadow Box


That title makes absolutely no sense, yet.
Just wait.



First, I have to explain a little. Greg has worked at Bayer for over 30 years and when a good friend of ours dad (who, also, worked at Bayer and was a friend of Greg's) died last year, Nick passed all of his Bayer memorabilia on to Greg.

They went through a lot of name changes before they finally acquired the Bayer name. Greg and Nick's dad had been there through all the changes.



This is just a few of the many items he had. It meant the world to Greg that Nick was giving him these things and he didn't want them stuck away in a drawer somewhere.

That's where I come in.



We received a box of chocolates for Christmas and they came in a little wooden crate. You all know me, I couldn't throw it out.



I took what would fit, and glued the back of the boxes into the crate. Because this was going in Greg's man cave, I left the rough wood look.






Now it's proudly displayed in the man cave, which, by the way, has terrible lighting!

Oh, and I received no compensation from Bayer for this post, although, I do sleep with one of their employees. ;)

Pin It


5 comments:

Cranberry Morning said...

I knew exactly what you meant by that title. :-) It was so nice that he wanted to give Greg those things and that you thought of using the chocolate box to display them. I have a beautiful box from Seroogy's chocolates in Green Bay. Maybe it wouldn't be beautiful to anyone else, but I've never been able to throw it out. Great recycling there, Terri, and I laughed at your cute last line.

Jusmom1 said...

Great idea! My husband also works for a pharmaceutical company and we have a lot of their logo items around our house! I may just do this some day!

Debby said...

What a great way to display the items. I have a friend that has worked for Bayer forever as an engineer. He just retired.

Boondocks Boutique said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Boondocks Boutique said...

I'm so glad you didn't throw it away. It turned out beautiful! New followerBoondocks Boutique -