Monday, February 9, 2015

Silk Flower Star


I was going to name this post, "What to do with Leftover Silk Flowers from the Wedding".
Thought that might just be too long.




I made all of the bouquets, corsages, and boutonnieres last October for Brandon & Christina's wedding, which reminds me that I have a ton of wedding posts sitting in draft.
Note to self: get those posted!

Anyway, I had a few of the flowers leftover and couldn't bear to part with them.



I found these wooden stars for half price and it gave me an idea.




I glued the smaller star in the middle and then stuffed floral foam in the spaces.




I left about an inch on all the stems and stuck the flowers in the foam. I filled the smaller star with white and...




the blue flowers in the big star around the smaller one.


When I took this over to Brandon & Christina's, I used her photo studio to take a few pictures.
I had a little help with the photo shoot.



That's Tyson. He was lots of help.




Pin It



2 comments:

Felecia Cofield said...

Very nice way to use the flowers, Teri! Thanks for sharing! Blessings from Bama!

Crystal said...

Very pretty Teri! ;-)