Friday, March 6, 2015

Boo Boo Bunny


A few years ago I made Boo Boo Bears (Here) for all the kiddo's. In fact, I still have a couple in the freezer. Greg would never admit, but I've even seen him use the bear a time or two.

I needed to make some more, but this time I changed it up a little.




That's right. Boo Boo Bunnies.

Just like the bears, they're filled with rice and can either be heated in the microwave for a minute or kept in the freezer to use instead of an ice pack.




The day I decided to do this, I searched through the house to find shapes to use as a pattern.




I appliqued the tail on and sewed the ears together first and then sewed the body leaving a space on the bottom to turn and fill with rice.




I used white flannel to make it extra soft.




I didn't use any rice in the ears so they would be floppy.




Ready and waiting for any boo-boo's the little ones (or Greg) might have.

Pin It


8 comments:

Sally said...

These are adorable! I might have to make some for my nephew!

Diana Hansen said...

This is adorable!!

shop.paparazziaccessories.com/32056 said...

These would be a perfect surprise for the local head start program!

Kathleen Berlew said...

These are so cute and cheery . . . perfect for comforting little ones.

JOY 2 JOURNEY said...

I saw this on the party today and just had to come and see your work. Wow! Cute and functional for those little boo boo's.

Carol TheAnswerIsChocolate said...

Who wouldn't feel better with these? Featuring when my link party opens up tonight.

Noreen said...

These are cute to just put in a basket - and safe for toddlers, too!

Noreen
Crafty Journal

JOY 2 JOURNEY said...

Terri, I absolutely LOVED these and made 6 for my grand babies. I blogged about them and linked back to your blog, pinned from your blog, and thanked you for the inspiration. Drop by if you want to check it out.
Hugs and thank you again, Joy2Journey.com