Monday, April 20, 2015

Crocheted Baby Football Cocoon


Brandon & Christina's baby boy will be here in July. That's right, we found out it's a little boy! My list of things I want to make for him is growing longer by the day and since July will be here before we know it, I better get busy!




I can now mark one thing off my list, I got his football cocoon and hat done. 

Pinterest is full of these, but I found two tutorials that I really liked and understood. They're Here and Here and I just kind of combined them and used them both. You know, a little here, a little there.




I'm only an average crocheter and was a little afraid of even trying to tackle this.




But I was pleasantly surprised that once I got started, it really wasn't that difficult.




The hardest part I had was at the very end adding the white stitches down it. Let's not talk about how much I struggled with them. How can something that seems so simple, be so darn hard?




Little Ryker Lee is going to be so cute in his little football. I can't wait!

Have a fabulous Monday!

Pin It



9 comments:

Cranberry Morning said...

Love the name of the sweet little guy still growing on the inside. How exciting!! That is about the cutest little bunting I've ever seen!!!!! And yes, I'm a bit tired this week, but sure got a great sleep last night! Lol It was a delight to have the boys with us. My daughter asked me if I ever told them, 'Go find something constructive to do.' Lol. I told her you can't do that with little boys close together in age... they'll kill each other. Lol

Marie Blackburn said...

I'm visiting from the Lou Lou Girls Party where your adorable football cocoon caught my eye. Our first grand baby was born in March and this would be an adorable gift to make him. Thanks for the inspiration!

Chief Household Officer said...

Love it! I just pinned it and hope to begin soon. I'm a crochet newbie but if I start now I might have it done in time for football season. Haha. Found you on Motivate Me Monday.

USS Crafty said...

So cute! I wish I would've made something like this for my son for the Super Bowl. He'll be too big for something like this during the next Super Bowl. Oh well... Very cute!

Marilyn Clark said...

OMG this is so cute! Now, I just need to find a little one to make one for!

Kimberly Lewis said...

Adorable. Pinned and tweeted. I hope to see you on Monday at 7, we can't wait to party with you! Lou Lou Girls

Kimberly Lewis said...

Hello cute girl! Just stopping by to let you know that your no football cocoon was chosen by Amber as her favorite from our last party! Happy dance time. We will be featuring it at our party tonight at 7. Lou Lou Girls

Christine B said...

This is absolutely adorable! Would love for you to share this at #OhMyHeartsieGirlWordlessWednesday
Christine@CherishingaSweetLife
http://cherishingasweetlife.blogspot.com/2015/05/oh-my-heartsie-girl-wordless-wednesday.html

CubbyKnot said...

So cute ^^