Friday, April 10, 2015

Owl Tote Bag


For Easter this year I made the little girls Owl Tote Bags to use for their baskets.



You all know how much I love to make tote bags, this has to be my all time favorite.



I made it using the pattern from Sarah Jane Sews. She made a darling bag, but for the tote, I changed it up a little. What I'm really saying is that because I was making 2, I went the simple way.



I didn't put the sides on these, just the front and back sewn together with canvas handles.



I appliqued the owl pieces and added the button eyes before I sewed it all up.



They're nice and big for all their treasures they need to tote around.







Have a great weekend!

Pin It


8 comments:

Cranberry Morning said...

Terri, those are so cute! I'm hoping it will inspire me to make tote bags! Hope you have a great weekend.

Cranberry Morning said...

Terri, those are so cute! I'm hoping it will inspire me to make tote bags! Hope you have a great weekend.

lucy B said...

These are lovely. I am mildly obsessed with owl so II might have to make these for my girls (and maybe one for me too). Beautiful.

Shantel Jones said...

I found you on ladybug blessing linky party and thought this bag was so cute!

Muchmore Creative said...

Very Cute! My daughter would love this!

Kimberly Lewis said...

Hello gorgeous! I love seeing your masterpieces.Thank you for bringing such great things to our party. Pinned and tweeted. I hope to see you on Monday at 7 pm.. Lou Lou Girls

Jill Shepherd said...

Hi there
Just stopped by to let you know that I featured this on my Round Tuit post this week!
A Round Tuit 254
Thanks again for linking up! Hope you have a great week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success

Sarah AJ said...

I saw these on Pinterest and thought the owl looked familiar! Great idea to leave out the side/bottom piece to make them simpler. They turned out super cute.