Friday, April 24, 2015

Poodle Skirt


Last week, Triniti's 4th grade classes at her school had an oldies concert. (How fun is that?!) They all dressed in 50's style clothes, so of course, Triniti needed a poodle skirt. I got to work.




I used the Cirle Skirt pattern from Made and the poodle applique from obSEUSSed.
(The hem is actually not crooked. I should have paid more attention to the way I hung it up!)



I used flannel for the poodle to give him a little texture.



The ric-rack is just straight stitched on, but I did lay it under the poodle as I was appliqueing to catch the end there.







This circle skirt is so fun to sew up. You have to do a little math to get it cut out, but the tutorial is great and explains it real well. There are so many cute summer fabrics out there now and I'm already working on a few more skirts for the girls with matching t-shirts. They won't be near as long as the 50's skirt, so you don't need a lot of fabric.




Have a fabulous Friday!

Pin It


4 comments:

Auntie Creates said...

How cute! I hope the concert was fun! Aren't circle skirts so much fun? I've just rediscovered the joy of attaching them to bodices to make a dress.

DESPINA P said...

How cute!Your doughter looks adorable in this skirt!

Cranberry Morning said...

So cute, Terri, and your granddaughter is so blessed to have a grandma like you!! The skirt reminds me of visiting my cousin when I was l young. She was a teenager and had a poodle skirt, horn rimmed glasses, and a stack of comic books!

miepies heksenketel said...

That's a very cute skirt!