Monday, May 4, 2015

Crochet Towel Holder


Remember the kitchen towels with a top crocheted on them so you could hang the whole thing over a stove or drawer handle? You used to see them at all the craft shows.



Here's the new and improved towel holder. I really don't know why they didn't think of this years ago. You can use it for any towel and when the towel is dirty, replace it with a clean one.




I wish I could give you an exact link to a tutorial, but I got the idea from Little Birdie Secrets and I used a ponytail holder instead of the magic circle for the ring like Simply Crochet did. I just kind of combined the two tutorials. They're both great, it's just whatever you prefer.




They're fun and fast to do and before you know it, you'll have a whole stack of them.




I actually tied the button on with leftover cotton yarn.




Now I need to go shopping for some cute kitchen towels. Why is it always the cute ones that get ruined or lost?

Have a great Monday!

Pin It

5 comments:

Cranberry Morning said...

Yeah, that is so much better idea! Love those blue ones especially! Have a great week, Terri.

Cranberry Morning said...

PS I just re-read my comment. I'm just learning English. Lol

Julie's Lifestyle said...

I love these that you made Terri to hold the dish towel! I would love to make one too.
Julie

Al@PolkaDotsandPaisley said...

I love this idea and pinned it a while ago from a different source but my grandma loves making the towels with the crochet top. Because of that, as long as she's alive (and for many years after, based on the amount of towels I have), I won't need one of these. With that said, I think they look so cute.

Bobi Jensen said...

Cute!

I have a link party going on this weekend, I'd love to have you join:

http://www.bobijensen.com/2015/05/come-join-party.html

Thanks, Bobi