Monday, May 11, 2015

Crocheted Bed Runner


I'll be honest with you, I had to google to even find out what this was actually called. You know, it's that small blanket that lays across the end of the bed in hotels.




Yeah, that. My mom and grandma always had quilts folded across there.




I don't know what it is, but I love the look of a bed with a bed runner added.




I decided to crochet mine using this Starburst Square pattern.




I made 48 squares using 4 different colors.




I laid all the squares out in the pattern I wanted and joined them with a single crochet stitch in white.




There's a little huge hint of what else I did with 4 leftover squares. I'll show you how later in the week.




I use that bench sitting there to get into that high bed every night. My dad made it for me years ago and our Saint Bernard chewed on the top of it when she was a puppy. I was furious with Sadie. Daddy thought it was hilarious. He made me another one, but I still love the "character" of that one.

Have a great Monday!

Pin It


3 comments:

USS Crafty said...

You did a wonderful job with this bed runner! I didn't know what they were called either! I've been wanting to crochet a bed runner for my bed, but right now I just have a blanket at the foot of my bed. I'm inspired by your bed runner!

Navy Wifey Peters @ The Submarine Sunday Link Party

Purfylle said...

I love the colour combination of your squares. It looks so good on your bed.

Kimberly Lewis said...

Hello beautiful! This looks so amazing. Pinned and tweeted. I hope to see you on Monday at 7pm because we love to party with you! Happy Memorial Day! Lou Lou Girls