Monday, June 15, 2015

Machine Embroidery: 4th of July Shirt


I know I've told almost everyone who would listen to me that Greg bought me the embroidery machine that I've dreamed about for years a few months ago. (Yeah, he's a pretty great guy!)

Well, I'm finally catching on how to use it.




This was actually the very first embroidery class that I took at Joann's. Our teacher in this class is awesome and oh so patient with all of us old dogs with a new toy learning a new trick. I ask her if she went home and drank heavily after one of our 3 hour long classes.




She actually designed this herself using the premier software that, by the way, I now have. Yes, I'm taking classes for that, too, and she said I would be doing the same thing. Yeah, right.

Look closely at the t and h. See the stars that fill the letters? Awesome, huh?




I can't wait for a year or two from now when this all will seem so simple and I understand everything I'm doing. But for now, I sure am having fun learning how to use this new toy!

Pin It

3 comments:

lucy B said...

Amazing!!! I am jealous, as I would LOVE an embroidery machine. X

Cranberry Morning said...

I love it that you're brave enough to try to master that machine! You will have a blast with it, I'm sure! So smart to take classes.

xo

Kimberly Lewis said...

This looks so amazing! I want one. Pinned and tweeted! Thanks for being a part of our party. I hope to see you, tonight at 7 pm. Lou Lou Girls