Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Shadow Box Flag


I actually wanted to make this using baseballs, but knew that it would be way too big for what I wanted.



So I used round dowel caps instead.



Yes, that's a little different than the finished version which proves that it's a really good idea to measure twice and hot glue once.

I painted all the caps red, white, and blue and then hot glued them to the back of the frame. I thought there was enough room around the edges so that it would just lay back down. Wrong. I pulled all the caps off, rearranged them, and glued them back down again.



It ended up with a different look, but I'm thinking I like it better.






I'm getting ready to start on another flag made out of mini baseball bats.
Wish me luck.

Pin It


2 comments:

Kimberly Lewis said...

Super cute! This looks so good. Pinned and tweeted. Thank you for bringing this to our party and we hope to see you on Monday at 7 pm. Lou Lou Girls

Dawn Lalla Houda Mzioud said...

Stopped by from the linky party and wanted to let you know, Dawn @ Overboard Creations
I also will buzz around you site, and clicked some social media
Hope you had a good fourth of July and weekend.