Monday, June 8, 2015

Welcome Signs


Here's my disclaimer for the day. These photos are bad. Really bad.

Remember, though, it rained here the entire month of May. Okay, there were actually 4 days that it didn't, but out of 31, those 4 don't count.



I made the signs and waited and waited for a day to get a good picture. Didn't happen. I gave up, so everything is soaked and messy around the signs. I'm kind of impatient like that.




I've never tried this technique before, but saw so much of it on Pinterest that I wanted to give it a try.

I printed the words out and then traced them with a pen onto the board. It leaves a little indentation when you pick up the paper.




I used a fine brush to outline the letters and then went back and filled them all in.




It's hard to tell, but I stained the whole board and then sanded away.




I stood this one up as you walk up onto the porch...




and I tied this one to an old trike that I found at a garage sale.










Hey look, the sun finally came out!!
(Let's hope it stays for awhile.)

Have an awesome Monday!

Pin It

7 comments:

Cranberry Morning said...

I love it, Terri,! I've got a couple pieces of pallet sitting in the kitchen waiting for me to do something like this! Wishing lots of sunny days for you. :-)

Audra @ Renewed Projects said...

The "come in/we're awesome" signs cracked me up! What a fun way to say hello to guests, and I'm sure its very true, too!

Pamela Groppe said...

Lovely job on the signs. Wording is the hardest part to paint for me. Glad you are getting some sun. We desperately need the rain. :)

Angie Church said...

love the signs very inviting to come and sit a while
loved visiting your blog would love to have you come over and see us as well http://shopannies.blogspot.com

Two PlusCute said...

Came from tatertots party.
Lovely signs, quite cheeky!

Your photos are fine and I get the same problems with all the overcast days the last month. :)

Anastasia Solovieva said...

I love your signs! Great job! Thank you for the tutorial! :)

Kimberly Lewis said...

I'm in love with this! Thank you for sharing this with us! Pinned and tweeted! I hope to see you at tonight's party. We are always so impressed with your creations and can't wait to see them! Lou Lou Girls