Friday, July 10, 2015

DIY Table Runner & Pot Holders


Our daughter in law, Jennifer, needed new simple kitchen curtains. She bought the fabric she wanted and I whipped them up for her. I forgot all about taking any photos, but, I did take pictures of what I made with the leftover fabric.



There was about 16" of the width of the fabric left and I was able to make matching pot holders and a table runner out of it.



I cut 8" off the length to save for the back of the pot holders and used the rest for the table runner. Using matching fabric for the back, I sewed the two pieces right sides together leaving an opening for turning.



Turn, press, and top stitch, and you've got yourself a table runner in about 10 minutes.



I used the rest of the leftover that I had cut off with coordinating scraps to make 2 pot holders. The tutorial for that pot holder is here.



The scraps that I found for the top are from Clothworks that I used in these pillows.



It's hard to believe that a bunch of scrap fabric could all match so perfectly.
Every once in awhile, I get lucky.

Have a great weekend!

Pin It


6 comments:

Al@PolkaDotsandPaisley said...

I love the fabric, especially the main paisley one. It's beautiful!

Veronica said...

What a great way to use up scraps.

Julia Nyanyo said...

Beautiful fabric choice. Such a great use of leftovers too - proper "Waste not want not"!

Rose FineCraftGuild said...

You are becoming quite the seamstress! Love how these came out, and yes, let me chime : great fabric choices~!

Gina Pascal said...

Hi Terri! Thanks for sharing this awesome project! My sewing skills are not good at all, but I am trying easy projects to help me improve! I think I might be able to make a table runner! lol I'll let you know how it turns out!
Gina Marie from Always Savory

Kimberly Lewis said...

I’m loving this! Pinned and tweeted! I always love your creations, thanks for sharing this with us at our party! I hope to see you tonight at 7 pm, we love seeing what you have been working on! Lou Lou Girls