Friday, July 17, 2015

Wine Cork Minion Necklace


Last week Greg and I took all the kiddo's to see The Minions.
If you haven't seen it yet, it's a great movie!



Triniti and Tierni thought they should probably have necklaces to wear, so we got busy with wine corks.



They started by painting the corks yellow.



We used vinyl for the glasses and eyes using 3 different sizes of paper punches and layering it all on.



They added the smile with permanent markers and I sealed everything using Mod Podge.

When I screwed the eye hook in the top, I did add a little E-6000 glue to make sure it didn't pop out.



Have an awesome weekend!

Pin It


6 comments:

Heather Aguayo said...

Oh my gosh, fantastic idea!!!! SOOOOO doing this with my kinder and pre-k kiddos next week. :) Thanks for sharing it!

ShanaLou said...

Wow! this is fantastic! We're going to a minions birthday party this weekend! I'll have to hurry and make some with my daughters this week! Glad i saw your post on the Monday Funday linkup!
Cheers!
Shana from Technotini.com

Nina said...

I'm dropping by from the Wow Me Wednesday link party. This is such a clever, clever idea! I'm pinning this so that I can remember to do this at our family reunion in a couple of weeks. My grandkids will love it.

I'm trying to grow my link party and invite you to share this idea (and a couple of others) at my Grandma Ideas Sharing Time http://grandmaideas.com. I think that my readers would love this idea as much as I do!

It is open Wednesday through Friday night at midnight. I hope to see you there.

Warmest wishes,
Nina

Candle Junkie said...

This looks like a great little project to try with the kids!

Jill Shepherd said...

Hi there
Just stopped by to let you know that I featured this on my Saturday Spotlight post this week!
Saturday Spotlight
Thanks again for linking up! Hope you have a great weekend!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success

Kimberly Lewis said...

Oh my! Super cute! Pinned and tweeted. Please join us tonight at 7 pm, and party with us. I can’t wait to see your new masterpieces or amazing classics! Lou Lou Girls