Friday, September 25, 2015

Easy Quilted Baby Blankets


As you all know by now, I'm the happiest grandma in the world because our new grandson, Ryker, gets to spend the days with me when his mommy and daddy are working. There's no better feeling in the world than when Brandon walks in with him and he smiles at me! Besides all the big stuff that we bought for him for our house, I needed a few of the little "minor" stuff, too.



You know, like baby blankets.



I was at Joann's one day and found these two little bundles of the cutest fabric.



I started with the squares and put them in the order I wanted them, then stitched them all together row by row.



After the top was pieced together, I layered the back, batting, and top and started machine quilting. I used binding for the edge.



For the other quilt, I had to get a little more creative with my cuts. I used the full piece of the giraffes and cut the other two for the sides. I used white flannel that I had for the corners.



My embroidery machine was feeling a little left out with all this machine quilting going on, so I embroidered balloons in the corners. 



These are actually receiving blanket size, but they're the perfect size for cuddling or to fold up and take with you for a comfy changing mat.



Have a fantastic Friday!

Pin It



5 comments:

Al@PolkaDotsandPaisley said...

You make it sound so easy. These look so soft and snuggly. I hope you enjoy lots of cuddles with your grandson wrapped up in them.

Suzan Sweatman said...

SO gorgeous !
I've been saving fabric to make one for my new little grandson too !
Here in Canada the Mom's get a year off for Maternity leave and the Dad's get 6 weeks off as well - so I don't get him every day :(
You did a beautiful job !
xxx

Suzan Sweatman said...

SO gorgeous !
I've been saving fabric to make one for my new little grandson too !
Here in Canada the Mom's get a year off for Maternity leave and the Dad's get 6 weeks off as well - so I don't get him every day :(
You did a beautiful job !
xxx

Emma @ P is for Preschooler said...

Sounds like you and Ryker are both lucky to get to spend so much time together! My sister and I both still have blankets that our grandmother made for us when we were babies. They're way too small now but we'd never think of getting rid of them!

Kimberly Lewis said...

Sweet! Looks so good! Pinned and tweeted. We truly appreciate you taking the time to be a part of our party. Please stop by and party with us again. The party starts Monday at 7 pm and ends on Friday at 7 pm. Happy Sunday! Lou Lou Girls